REGISTER HERE! http://goo.gl/forms/HWX6mVZE5d
The inaugural AMAZING READING RACE is a game where teams race to complete a course to stand a chance to win books and prizes worth up to $1,000 in total.
The game is as follows:
- Teams start from our booth and are led to the first station.
- At the station, teams are given instructions to collect the proof of completion from all six stations across the game area.
- Teams must visit each station in order, and participate in an activity within a short time period to collect their proofs.
- Once all proofs are collected they can collect their prize at our booth!
- Teams are timed from the first station to the last station. Time penalties are incurred for not completing activities in time period, skipping a station or not providing proof of completion at an activity.
Top five teams who complete the course within a set time are invited to one final race on 21 December.
Up to $1,000 worth of prizes up for grabs in the final race from Thebooktiquebn, Erosphilia, Enya Bijoux, FHZ Couture, Heartbead, Hs_colormadness, Tiqs Homemade Sushi, neonttwist, Nollybook, Rajka’s Kitchen and more to come!
Date: 14 December
Time: 10am – 12pm or 3pm – 5pm
Games start at every half an hour. i.e 10.30am, 11am etc.
Date: 21 December
Time: 3pm – 5pm
Jerudong Park Gardens, part of Edutainment Wonderland. (near JP Amphitheatre)
Race starts from Bruneians Read (B:READ) booth located in first tent near the main entrance of Edutainment Wonderland.
How to join?
Free registration online
http://goo.gl/forms/VyrgNVzG8S or on the day.
Early registration get a complimentary prize for participation.
Each team is guaranteed a book after completing a drop-in race.
Who can join?
Teams of two, both aged 12 years old and above (no maximum age limit)
1st Place: Books, cash, jewellery and vouchers from online vendors (worth up to $350)
2nd Place: Books, jewellery and vouchers from online vendors. (worth up to $300)
3rd Place: Books, jewellery and vouchers from online vendors. (worth up to $250)
4th & 5th Place: Books, jewellery, vouchers from online vendors. (worth up to $50)
All participating teams that complete the course will be given books!
Dress in sports gear or whatever is comfortable.
Race is held outdoors please keep hydrated to avoid dehydration.
Bring an umbrella in case it rains.
- Teams must only contain two members.
- Teams will be briefed before the race.
- Race must be completed in sequence.
- Use of internet prohibited during the duration of the race or help from anyone outside the names registered under the team name.
- Time penalty incurred for teams not completing activity in time period, skipping a station or unable to show proof of completion.
- Teams are only allowed to participate in one race timeslot for the whole day.
- Top five teams with the fastest times from Drop-In Races on 14 December will proceed to Grand Finale on 21 December. If team should not be able to make it their place will be forfeited to the next fastest time.
- Rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
- Have fun!